From The Collaboratory
The Logistics Team is a part of the Collaboratory's Staff Group. The Logistics Team provides logistical coordination for Collaboratory international Site Team trips, getting teams to their travel destination and back again.
If you are interested in the Logistics Team, the Staff Group meets in the Frey 150 immediately following Collab Chapel around 6:45, come stop by and ask about it!
- Track and maintain files of member and Site Team trip passports, documents and travel information in a secure location
- Liaise with Messiah's Office of International Programs to ensure that every trip is approved by the College and that necessary protocols are followed
- Assist with support letters
- Direct teams to Engle Center for team visit, necessary immunizations, and prescriptions
- Purchase plane tickets
- Procure visas
- Assist team advisor with arranging airport transportation
- Register Site Teams with the US embassy
- Create luggage tags, emergency cards, and master emergency contact list
- Provide team advisor with first aid kit and appropriate paperwork
- Purchase international travel insurance through the Office of International Programs
- Site Team Advisor Handbook details the site team process from start to finish.
- Here is the Collaboratory's Site Team Risk Management Plan.
- Forms required for Site Team trips.
- If you need a passport, visit travel.state.gov. Please note that your passport must be valid at least 6 months past the return date of your site team trip.
- Travel Insurance is now purchased for the Collaboratory by the Office of International Programs. If you need to purchase your own travel insurance, here is some helpful information on how to apply for international travel insurance.
- Some organizations require that participants complete a criminal background check or a notarized document.
- Collaboratory IT equipment: The Collaboratory has equipment available for teams to take on Site Team trips, such as laptops, digital cameras, camcorders and sound equipment. Contact the Manager of the Collaboratory for more details.
- Messiah College has three international cell phones available for Site Teams. Contact the Manager of the Collaboratory for more information or to request an international cell phone.
Where we serve
- Burkina Faso
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo