WA:Water Testing Project
From The Collaboratory
The Testing Team is an integral part of the Water Group, ensuring that the systems developed by other members of the Water Group, such as HFM and VWOS, meet clean water standards. We perform several bacterial and chemical tests to ensure water purity for all the purification systems the Water Group produces.
The purpose of the Water Testing Project is to provide universal Collaboratory standards for clean water, as well as to provide the Collaboratory with an domestic water testing resource center.
- Develop online documentation of current testing resources and availability
- Develop online documentation of lists of preferred purchasers
- Provide water testing to other projects within the Collaboratory
- Send members on site teams specifically to test water
The Water Testing Project first formed during the 2010-2011 school year and grew out of a need to have clearly defined water standards and tests readily available to those groups and projects working on water purification, filtration and sanitation, as well as for site teams going abroad. We have established a document that outlines water purity standards as well as testing procedures that has aided on site testing.
- The 2011-2012 team consisted of Bethany Bender, Victoria Hawk, Stephanie Hatem, Laura Ritenour and Janelle Veazey. Advisors are Jeff Erikson and Ariela Vader.
- The 2013-2014 team consists of Bethany Bender, Stephanie Hatem, Laura Ritenour and Janelle Veazey. Advisors are Jeff Erikson, Bryan Hoover and Ariela Vader.
For more information about this project, please contact:
- Janelle Veazey - Teasting Team Leader
- Bethany Bender - Water Group Leader
- Jeff Erikson -Advisor
- Ariela Vader -Advisor
- Bryan Hoover -Advisor